If you’re like us, you don’t get much time for a date night. When you do it costs a fortune, it’s crowded and you don’t really get a chance to connect and refresh! I’ve put together a list of ideas, even made a jar for us! We will draw one each month in 2017 and have a frugal & fun date night!
- Outdoorsy date- whether you prefer hiking, the beach or a stroll through the park. Time with nature, together will be uplifting and FREE. Pack a lunch, bring some music, enjoy God’s scenery and time together!
- Game night- one of the best date night in options. Once the kids are tucked into bed, bring out Scrabble, Uno, anything you enjoy and have a beverage! Set the phones down, TV off and enjoy time together.
- Find a local brewery: order an appetizer & sample different beer. Enjoy an adult atmosphere, a rarity as a parent!
- Visit a flea market, antique or thrift shop. Find hidden gems, a piece of your childhood, a cute trinket. If you decide you want something, it will be a lower cost and carry a story!
- Volunteer together. At your church, local food bank, shelter etc.
- Go out to a movie! We love going to our local theater, $2 movie tickets for their feature of the week!
- Pick a town and check out their shops, local coffee bar or restaurants. An adventure to somewhere new!
- Find a new recipe and stay in, cook together.
- Binge watch a new show together, popcorn in hand!
- Attend a concert.
- Go dancing.
- Go camping in your backyard, if you are able! Smores and a campfire under the stars!
There are many other budget friendly ideas! Get a babysitter and go, enjoy your time together. Connect. Share. Love. Be grateful for the one you’re with.