Living intentionally is a choice you make each day, a choice that starts the second you wake. Do you make the most of your mornings? Could you use healthy habits for motivated mornings?
One of my goals for 2018, in our year of Intentional Living, will be focusing on Self Care and tackling to do lists while I have the quiet time and brain power to do it. My most motivated time? Morning hours before my rebel children rise! I’m still a work in progress, but these days I’m finding it easier to wake up early and tackle my daily list of goals and to do’s.
Here are 10 Habits to roll out in 2018 for motivated mornings!
- Wake up early. Simple enough right? Wrong. If you’re like me, I hit snooze way too often. One of my mini goals for the morning is to wake at my first alarm! So far it’s been going well and I’ve been able to accomplish SO much more.
- Make your bed as soon as you wake. Task one, DONE…. right away. How does it feel to check something off right away? Small, attainable goals keep me motivated and something as small as making your bed helps you set your day up for success!
- No phone. Spend time preparing for the day, disconnected from social media. Give yourself time to just be in the moment.
- Start your day with quiet time to read a devotional, meditate, practice positive affirmations or listen to uplifting music. Time to reflect, focus on gratitude and joy to ground yourself before you begin another day.
- Stretch or workout. Wake up your body with even 30 minutes a day. Bring an abundance of energy to your morning!
- Map out your day; scheduled tasks, events and goals. By reviewing your day first thing you are intentional about how you are spending it. You can determine what you make time for. Remember you can say no and set boundaries if you are overwhelmed. This is the year to focus on you and your family’s goals….. no time like the present!
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Drink your water.
- Conquer your biggest task. Getting your largest item out of the way leaves your whole day to go feeling confident and ready to take on the world.
- Give yourself Grace, healthy habits take time but you’ve got this mama!
Are you ready to give up your hectic mornings and take on motivated mornings to yourself, mama? Grab your free Intentional Morning Checklist here!