With all of the confusion, hate and negativity going around our country and social media I want to focus on what I’m thankful for. To stay positive during the chaos…. focus on what’s truly important. I’m thankful for the right to vote, I may not agree with every decision made. But I have a say in what happens in our country, states and even our hometowns and that’s important. Times have changed drastically since I was a kid. Social media has brought bullying to a whole new level. It’s terrifying thinking of my kids going to school… to be subject to such hate. I will teach my children to be kind, help those in need, to be thankful for what they have and stay humble. We, as parents, can significantly change the negativity in the world. After all… they learn by watching you, looking up to you. You’re their hero, it’s time to rise above… it’s time to be better. Our children deserve that.
Even after all of the controversy I wake up to a beautiful sunrise, a faithful husband, two beautiful kids that are full of joy. Headed to a job I love with great people. With family and friends all around to communicate with throughout the day. It’s important to count our blessings.
I’m thankful for:
- My God- the one who loves me just as I am, even when I struggle and disappoint him. He shows me that everything works out in his time and by his plan.
- My family- the closeness of our family, our time together… we are blessed to have them close and in our lives each day.
- My friends- the people who have loved me as I am, accepted me and helped me through many hard times and changes.
- My home- a roof over our heads that holds so many memories… our new marriage, growing together. Raising our children; all the firsts, holidays, many memories between these walls.
- My career- a place that has let me go part time to spend more time with my family. I work with amazing people and a wonderful company.
- Our freedom and the military- We are lucky to live in a free country, love whomever we want to, make our own choices.
- Creativity, this blog- a place I can let out my feelings and share my thoughts. I’m blessed with this adventure.
We are lucky to live where we do, with what we have, who we have. Instead of wanting more or looking at others I’m trying to appreciate my life for what it is…. even on hard days. It’s a wonderful life and I’m lucky.